Did you know that your version of Internet Explorer is out of date?
To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend downloading one of the browsers below.

Internet Explorer 10, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.

FIRE REPORTING

Case No.: Overheating
Title: FIRE REPORTING – INCIDENT ENTRY 2010/11/11
Incident: Home Fire
Date: 11/04/2010
Time: 14:23:22
Property Classification: Townhouse
Arrival Conditions: Flames visible exiting basement windows of townhouse.
Ignition Source: Extension cord
Object Ignited: Clothes
Object Ignited Other: Couch
Remarks

Other Agencies Required: Hydro

Pumper 114 arrived to smoke visible exiting basement windows of a townhouse. Squad 114 entered into the dwelling unit to complete a primary search and extinguished a small fire. Further scene examination revealed that a 50-foot, 16 Gauge Light Duty extension cord was powering a 1500 Watt space heater. Competent ignition source was determined to be the extension cord. Fire extended to clothes that were lying on top of the cord and spread to the adjacent couch and furniture. Estimated damage is approximately $30,000.

go back to case