Other Agencies Required: EMS, ESA
Fire Fighters and EMS arrived on the scene to find Peter Thompson, aged 10, on the floor of the family room. The boy was unconscious but breathing and had an irregular pulse. The boy was immediately rushed to the local hospital. Reports indicate that he will be OK. ESA investigation revealed that the bonding (grounding), third prong on the powerbar had been forcibly removed to fit into a two-prong outlet. An electrical short in the powerbar energized the metal case of the cable box causing Peter to receive an electric shock when he contacted the cable box cover and a grounded heat register behind the entertainment centre.